This is one of my favorite summer dishes. When you have fresh ingredients, everything is better. I am someone who absolutely loves tomatoes, basil and garlic in any form, and this dish is so simple and yet so good, it is perfect for any occasion. This uncooked tomato sauce is tossed with hot pasta and allowed to sit for a few minutes before serving so that everything is warmed through, yet the freshness of a tomato picked straight from the vine is preserved. I guarantee you will spend all year craving it.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil and pepper. Set aside to let flavors meld.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain pasta in a colander and return to the cooking pot, add mozzarella and tomato mixture, stir and cover.
- Let sit for 1 to 2 minutes so that the cheese melts and the tomatoes warm through.
- Serve warm with fresh parmesan.