I discovered this recipe last April in one of my food blog wanderings. I was looking for new interesting dishes during the time of year when fresh local vegetables are scarce, but just starting to appear out of greenhouses. I was looking to use up the last of my frozen corn from the previous year, before the bountiful new year began, and this dish lent itself beautifully to such an endeavor.Orangette 1/2 pound of green beans, ends removed and cut in about 1 inch segments 1 large red onion, sliced 1 Tablespoon olive oil 2 cloves garlic, chopped 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped 6 ears sweet corn, cut off the cob (about 6 cups of kernels) salt and freshly ground pepper to taste juice of 2 limes 5 to 7 radishes (depending on size), sliced
- Place green beans in a pot with a steam basket, and cook covered until they just begging to turn a brighter green about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove steam basket from pot and set aside.
- In a large fry pan heat oil over medium heat, add onions and cook until they begin to soften and caramelize, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add corn, salt and pepper and cook, about 4 minutes.
- Add green beans and cook until warm, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add lime juice and radishes and toss. Serve immediately.